Rob’s company added the MPulse Real-Time Monitoring (RTM) Bundle to their MPulse CMMS software to simplify data entry and use that information to expand their preventive maintenance program.
The MPulse RTM Bundle combines two MPulse products...
- MPulse Datalink Integration Adapter collects data from building automation systems (BAS), pressure gauges, heat sensors, vibration monitors, and virtually any digital measurement devices, and sends that data to Rob’s MPulse CMMS database.
- MPulse Condition-Based Monitoring (CBM) allows Rob to track unlimited gauges and meters on every asset, and to set upper and lower threshold alerts and alarms. CBM also enables Rob to trend that data in reports so he can monitor asset performance over time.
Benefits of Real-Time Monitoring
Rob's team saw the benefits of real-time monitoring immediately. “We recouped the software upgrade and training costs in less than a year," he said.
These benefits included…
- Faster response times with automated alerts
- Reduced staffing and overtime
- Fewer errors due to manual data entry
- Time-series charting to spot trends
- Reduced data input redundancy.
As Rob discovered, real-time monitoring is a natural fit with the way maintenance teams operate—collecting data faster and easier than ever. Best of all, maintenance managers like Rob can use that information to proactively perform maintenance and even predict asset failures.
Some maintenance managers might say Rob is an early adopter. But the truth is, real-time monitoring is here, and it’s growing.
How could real-time monitoring help your organization? Leave a comment below or contact me.