Like most maintenance managers, Leo’s maintenance operations have changed a lot. His organization is doing things differently, and he knows his team needs to change the ways they function as well.
To recap, Leo has budget and time constraints, just like everyone. But he’s reached the point where the benefits of a CMMS software upgrade outweigh the costs.
In other words, Leo has realized that not taking action is simply too expensive.
Inefficiency Costs Time and Money
Using older, outdated CMMS software can cost your maintenance department time and money—two things in short supply in the maintenance field.
Generally, that’s because your maintenance team can’t be as productive when you’re not taking advantage of the powerful capabilities of modern maintenance software.
Leo knows his team isn’t as efficient as they could be because they are using workarounds to meet their needs. That means they miss opportunities to improve their workflows, and the organization suffers. In addition, these workarounds build in inherent delays and reduced production capabilities.
With his MPulse CMMS software upgrade, Leo can empower his maintenance team to…
- Manage more assets with fewer resources
- Improve communication with service requesters, including status updates
- Monitor the condition of major assets and predict failures
- Decrease response time when equipment is down or underperforming
- Provide more detailed reports for management and other stakeholders
- Access information quickly with mobile devices
CMMS Software Has Changed
If it’s been awhile since you’ve invested in CMMS software, things have changed. Some of the biggest changes include…
- Cloud computing to get applications up and running faster (often immediately) while reducing onsite implementation and management costs
- Mobile devices to allow your team to access critical information easily without calling back to the office or getting “plugged in”
- Technological advances to make more and more detailed, relevant data available to improve organizational performance
- Better data integration capabilities to connect with accounting systems, meters and gauges, or other critical data sources
These are some of the big changes that directly affect Leo’s needs—and his plans for the future. Investing in his MPulse CMMS upgrade means that his team will have the tools they need to meet the demands they are experiencing now—and the future.
What could CMMS software help you do better, faster, or cheaper? When is it more cost effective for you to upgrade instead of relying on workarounds? Leave a comment below or contact me.