After more than 3,000 customers, MPulse employees have an insider’s viewpoint of what works—and what doesn’t—when it’s the right time for your organization to buy CMMS software.
To help new and potential customers, we’ve created a list of the five most common mistakes that occur when buying CMMS software, so you can learn from other people’s mistakes (and avoid them).
Use these five items to ask questions now that will help your CMMS implementation succeed later.
- Scalability: Scalability means the CMMS software can accommodate changes in size or volume as your needs change. That may mean something as simple as adding user licenses or more complicated like adding advanced features or upgrades to meet new organizational needs.
- Compatibility: Maintenance managers often need to share maintenance data with their organization’s systems of record. CMMS software’s compatibility with external applications means you don’t need to worry about manually reformatting volumes of data to just to satisfy the requirement of other systems.
- Customizations & Modifications: It’s important to be able to customize certain things so your CMMS software matches your organization's needs. Make sure you can adjust layouts, add custom fields, create nested fields, and link custom prompts to fit your needs.
- Mobile Devices: If you haven’t started using mobile devices in your maintenance operations, you probably will soon. Look for CMMS software with an adaptive interface so your maintenance team will experience the same easy access no matter what device (desktop computer, tablet, or mobile phone) they use.
- Data Accessibility: A modern CMMS, properly integrated, can use data from virtually any source to feed its alerts, alarms, and reports. Make sure your CMMS software can track the data that your users need, as well as run custom reports on the information you and your organization's managers need to know about.
Sometimes failure can give you the tools and information you need to succeed.
Take advantage of our experience with maintenance management for a variety of organizations. Contact us to see how we can help.