You are ready to invest in CMMS software, but you want to make sure you are making the right decision.
Don't guess. A CMMS demo is the best way to determine if a software vendor's products will meet your needs—both today and as your organization changes in the future.
What Questions Should I Ask in a CMMS Demo?
Like any maintenance manager, you want your team’s transition to CMMS software to be smooth. Start by asking these questions.
- Does the CMMS software interface seem intuitive and easy to use?
- Can the software work across multiple devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones?
- Is the system easy to configure to meet our needs?
- Can we change things on the fly without IT help?
- What are the hardware requirements for using the software?
- Can the software be cloud-based or installed locally?
- What support and training options are available?
- Does this software fit my budget?
- Are there other costs that may not be obvious?
- What’s the upgrade process when new editions are released?
- How easy is it to integrate with other organizational software, like financial applications or building automation systems?
What Features Should I Test Out in a CMMS Demo?
Make a list of important features that your maintenance team needs in CMMS software. Consider both basic and advanced features, like…
- Work order management
- Preventive maintenance scheduling
- Calendar and planning tools
- Inventory management
- Condition-based maintenance
- Cost center budgeting
- Employee records
- Media storage
- Reporting tools
- Automated communication, including responses and routing
- Compliance documentation
Last, but not least, be sure to involve the people who will use the software in a CMMS demo. Not only will it help you determine if the maintenance software is a good fit, but it will also increase the chance of a buy-in from your stakeholders.
Find Out More
Schedule a CMMS demo to discover how MPulse can help make your maintenance department more productive and more efficient, whatever your needs.