“With our MPulse PM system we were able to reduce downtime and maintenance costs even though our equipment is aging."
Maintenance Team Lead, Rexam PLC
Spectech dba MPulse Maintenance Software Privacy Notice
Last updated: December 5, 2011
What Personal Information About Customers Does Spectech Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with our company during the process of researching and buying maintenance software, and after your purchase. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future offers for you, improving your online experience through personalization, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses MPulseSoftware.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Spectech on other Web sites.
• E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Spectech if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please just click the unsubscribe button on any MPulse Software marketing email, or contact a customer care representative directly.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as automatic form completion.
Does Spectech Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Spectech, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Spectech, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of Spectech and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Spectech, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
• With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
• SpecTech makes every effort in accordance with generally accepted best practices to ensure your data is secure.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
From time to time our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
What Choices Do I Have?
• As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain MPulseSoftware.com features.
• If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact an MPulse customer care representative via phone or email and inform them of your preferences.
Are Children Allowed to Use MPulseSoftware.com and Associated SpecTech Sites?
Spectech does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Spectech only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Spectech, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Oregon. If you have any concern about privacy at Spectech, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through MPulseSoftware.com or one of our third-party sellers; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide employer information when opening a corporate account; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search results and links, including paid listings and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.